Tarotcise: Summer Plans

Friday, June 28, 2013

I love Tarotcises from The Tarot Lady.  I've said many times that I don't read for myself, but these exercises aren't quite....reading for yourself.  It's investigation, it's recognizing and defining the keywords you see in the cards.  I read on mainly on intuition.  I see a story in the cards and tell it.  The exercises help me find new meaning in the cards.


The Tarot Lady
Okay Tarotistas - it's time for a little Tarotcise! I want you to consciously pick a card that describes your summer plans. Then shuffle your deck, and pull one to see what you need to know to get your summer on properly. Go:


Llewellyn Tarot


Describes plans: The Fool

I'm job-hunting this summer, but more than that I feel like I'm really starting over in a way.  I'm not super concerned about finding something in my field I'm just looking for a good job I can enjoy.

What I need to know: 3 of Pentacles

I feel this solidifies my decision to look for something I enjoy.  I've always looked at the girl in this card as relaxed and completely enjoying what she is doing.  Putting her project before the money (and it helps that I happen to love sewing).



I do have a confession to make, I broke the rules a little here.  As I was sifting through my deck looking for the first card I'd been focusing on Pentacles for job-hunting.  Then I noticed the Fool card reversed.  I never read with reversed cards and make a point to keep them all facing one way, so when I do come across a reversal I treat it as my being told to PAY ATTENTION to this card.  It seemed like the tarot wanted me to pull that card so I did.  Funny, the 3 of Pentacles was one of the cards I was considering for the first card.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The other card that had been coming to mind for the first draw was the 8 of Pentacles.  At first glance the 3 and 8 of this suit seem very similar.  Both depict working people, who seem to be enjoying what they do.  The girl in the 3 has a soft smile on her face and the fluttering birds, and relaxed cat give the impression that the boy in 8 is just as calm as the animals in the picture.  So what's the difference?


First off, given the choice I'd usually say that the 3 isn't working for money, the field in the card suggests more that this is a personal project.  That said, the pentacles almost always are talking about a career.  So whether this is a career the querant enjoys or a personal project, I'd leave that up to the surrounding cards to determine.  More pentacles probably means it's a career, whereas wands may signify a project for charity.

The 8 of Pentacles, I cannot imagine where I would read this card as anything but career.  The assembly-line look of this figures work is reminiscent of a factory line.  Whether or not the figure enjoys his work is undetermined by this card alone.  Based on the relaxed atmosphere I would hardly say he dislikes it.  The main point this card makes is that the figure is completely engrossed in work.  When I see this card in a relationship reading my gut instinct is always that someone is too focused on work to put effort into the relationship.

1 comments:

The Tarot Lady said...

Hi Ashley

How lovely to see that the Tarotcise inspired a blog post and some tarot exploration! XXOO

Post a Comment