Exploring Other Artists: Petoskey's 27th Annual Art in the Park

Saturday, July 21, 2012

This weekend I'm enjoying a beautiful and relaxing vacation at Lake Charlevoix.  While here I had a chance to check out an art fair in Petoskey, Michigan.  Unfortunately I couldn't find anything to spoil myself with, well except a beautiful jewelry chest that was about $4500 out of my budget.  But I did come back with inspiration for new jewelry and ideas of how I want to set up my own booth when I take the leap into doing art fairs.  And for you here's some Michigan artists that really blew me away with their works.




Weaver Tile

Makers of Decorative and Handmade Tiles


I'm a fan of beautiful things that also serve a purpose.  While I'm not one to just hang a tile on the wall for decoration I loved that these artists are willing to do custom kitchen, bath, or fireplace installations like the Marsh Panel Backsplash above.


Robert Bridenbaugh

Oil Paintings


Water is a common theme within these paintings.  I love the depth and textures of these waves.


Amy Johnson Designs

original beaded jewelry


While browsing in Amy Johnson's booth I overheard her telling another customer that she had just gone full-time with her business in the last year.  And that if she couldn't live off the jewelry she'd do it anyway and be giving all her pieces away because beadweaving is something she needs to do, I know how she feels.


Creation's Splendor

Fine Art "Nature & Landscape" Photography

Joseph Paratore finds the simple beauty in nature.  These beautiful prints are available on canvas as well as matte board.


MARY ANN ARCHER

Fine Jewelry Design


 Mary Ann Archer Fine Jewelry Design is the exclusive representative in Michigan for the Jubilant Crown diamond which has 74 facets instead of the normal 58.  My personal shop favorite is her sterling silver Michigan heart charms.



0 comments:

Post a Comment